Friday, August 21, 2009

Wireless security password settings for the Wii?

I right now have my router set to WPA/TKIP, which offers good security and allows the Wii to connect to the internet/network/online. However, I want the best security so I switched it WPA2/AES. Unfortunately, I could not connect online with the Wii console, when using the WPA2/AES or WPA2/TKIP password security settings. On the other hand, my laptop was able to connect my network with WPA2/AES security. But the Wii can't. I have tried googling for answers but only found a bunch of forum posts, which provided tips that did not work.



Any suggestions/tips to get my Wii console to connect to my wireless network with WPA2/AES security?



Don't be afraid to get geeky and use computer jargon. I consider myself an intermediate-advanced user. If you are really good at using search engines, please post sources to.



Wireless security password settings for the Wii?virus



I don't know that you'll get overly complicated responses on here. :-)



Nintendo's website claims that the Wii is compatible with WPA2/AES security, so in theory, it should work. I'm assuming from your question that it worked fine with the same router in the same place using WPA, but once you switched to WPA2, it no longer works.



I would suggest contacting Nintendo on the issue. I'm guessing they've dealt with the issue and probably have some explanations.



Wireless security password settings for the Wii?anti virus



IDK................
see with my hub i have built in security because mine is wireless to laptop and to wii

No comments:

Post a Comment