Friday, August 21, 2009

Is there a way to tell if a computer is running a telnet server (without accessing it directly) if y

In order for a system to be accessible via telnet, it would need to be running a telnet server. I am NOT trying to hack anyone; quite frankly even if the other computer was running a telnet server, firewalls and other security devices would more than likely prevent third party access to it. I am merely trying to find out if it would be possible to access the other computer in the event that it is running a telnet server and I subsequently tried to access it (NOT that I am going to do so). So does anyone know if there is a way I can tell if another computer is running a telnet server (without accessing the other computer directly) if I know the other computer's IP?



Is there a way to tell if a computer is running a telnet server (without accessing it directly) if you know i?nortonantivirus



Use a port scanner. It will tell you what ports are open on a computer. Check for port 21.



http://www.google.com/search?q=port+scan...

No comments:

Post a Comment