Friday, August 21, 2009

How do I configure my computer to become a wireless router?

For the security of my household, I would like my computer to be the wireless router, plus I don't want to buy anything more!



I have a wireless card, and I want to be able to transmit my wired network, as well as my other wireless network.



How do I configure my computer to become a wireless router?trojan



impossible. a wireless NIC simply doesn't have the RAM to hold an OS.



How do I configure my computer to become a wireless router?abtuvurys 2005



your router is what connects your wireless card to ur phoneline. you need one. your pc can not be one of these
Not sure you understand the basics of networking...



If you really want to turn a PC into a wireless router, you'll need to use something like FreeSCO. Don't expect to be able to use it anymore though.
sorry man, thats not possible.
What the question should be is "How can I use my computer as a wireless access point?"



To answer it:



This can be done.



What you will need are a Wired Network Card in the machine that will connect directly to your modem. And a wireless network card that will act as the access point.



At that point there are several options. Such as internet connection sharing right in windows, and 3rd party software beinging free/open source/and otherwise.



Hope that helps point you in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment