Sunday, August 23, 2009

My computer will not let me upgrade to Internet explorer 7?

I am currently at IE-6.Everytime I try to upgrade it fails.



I have Norton Internet security 2006 and I have spy sweeper.My computer is a Gateway brand new in 2004.



Windows XP-HE



My computer will not let me upgrade to Internet explorer 7?matchless



Did you download IE7 or are you getting it from Windows Update.



First download the Program here...



http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/down...



Norton Internet Security is your big problem, you have to disable it before install. Norton Internet Security has caused a lot of headaches for a lot of people. Good luck.



In response to the other comments made....I have no problems with IE7 and I also use Firefox 2.0. IE has to be on your system so you may as well get the latest most secure browser they have.



My computer will not let me upgrade to Internet explorer 7?norton 2008



I was able to install ver 7 of ie and it caused me huge problems. I spent about 6 hours on the phone with tech support to get it off and go back to ver 6, which is just fine. I would not go for ver 7 until the bugs are out, Report It


Forget about IE7. Download Firefox 2.0 at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/



Users report a better surfing experience. One reason is that there are add-ons (https://addons.mozilla.org/) that allow you to customize the browser in ways that make browsing easier and fun. For sites that "prefer" IE, there's an add-on called "view in IE tabs" or "IE tabs".
Your licky, dont do it. Has to many problems.
dont know
Iheard it has glitches too. Go to Mozilla firefox down load that. Use that as your browzer. A lot better security wise.
Please post the error message.
You have to disable all anti-virus software and firewalls while downloading and installing IE 7.0
buy a new computer or dont install explorer7 ...i dont like it, old one is better
Did you go through the "Windows Genuine Advantage"? It should clear before Microsoft lets' you have a go at IE7.



BTW: the "advantage" in WGA is fully for Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment