Sunday, August 23, 2009

Computer help please.?

For some reason none of my usernames are being remembered at any of the sites that I go to. Everytime I sign into my bank I have to answer a security question because it does not recognize my computer (even though I choose to have it remembered). What can I do? Thanks for your help.



Computer help please.?internet



If you are attempting to save your username / password in your browser (IT'S NOT A SMART IDEA) this is a security risk... since anyone sitting at your computer could log in and if you became infected with spyware it would send your informaiton to the attacker...



This feature is called autocomplete and can be found by going to TOOLS %26gt;%26gt; Internet Options %26gt;%26gt; Content tab %26gt;%26gt; AutoComplete



if the boxes are unchecked then it will not remember those things... you should always have it prompt you at least for your password...



Also, for banking websites you usually need to allow cookies to be installed / saved within your browser.. so if you went into Tools %26gt;%26gt; Internet Options %26gt;%26gt; Browsing History %26gt;%26gt; and delete temporary internet files...and deleted cookies... you would have to go back to the site and reinstall those cookies all over again.



If the cookies are not re-installing.. you may need to adjust the slider Tools %26gt;%26gt; Internet Options %26gt;%26gt; Privacy tab



I recommend setting the slider to medium-high which will allow banking to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment