Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Computer Virus any help please?

Ok this afternoon I started getting these windows security alerts so I cut off the internet and my computer screensaver is gone and has been replaced with a bright red one with a 3 circle logo and the words your privacy is in danger.



I managed to run adaware and registry mechanic but has not cleared it...the security alerts keep popping up.



My husband tried to restore the computer but it wont let him.



Any ideas anyone what the problem is and how i can save my computer.



Computer Virus any help please?antivirus scan



As G said this is smitfraud/zlob generic.Here are instructions for removal.



http://forum.securitycadets.com/index.ph...



Computer Virus any help please?computer security



If your pc is infected make sure that you have a good anti virus and anti spy ware program installed on your computer. check out http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-sAFtLsc8e... for more details.
If you have an anti-virus, I suggest you make sure it has the latest virus definitions and run a scan with it. If you don鈥檛 have one, many people here swear by AVG (it鈥檚 free).



I suggest you also download Ad-Aware 2007 and Spybot S%26D (they鈥檙e free), install them, update them and run them. If any of the above (or any anti-malware, for that matter) doesn鈥檛 seem to be able to get rid of everything it reports finding, try running it again in Safe Mode. Safe Mode often prevents malware from protecting itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment