Sunday, August 23, 2009

Security Alert?

Every time I try to get into my Yahoo iget the above on my screen. It say info you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by othes. However there is a problem with the site's security certificate. It then lists 3 options and the one that is highlighted is that the security certificate has expired. I have recently had my computer wiped of all viruses etc as the computer shop I took it too said that would get rid of the problem.



At the same time can anyone tell me how to get rid of the spam messages I keep receiving. They go into my spam folder but I am receiving at least 200 per week.



Security Alert?free spyware remobal



Get a system restore disc from your computer manufacturer by calling their 800 support number or going to their online website. I got one from HP for $15. You can re-load the computer yourself and you don't have to pay big bucks for a techie to do it.



After re-loading windows into the computer, add a virus protection software, like Norton Internet Security, etc. and change all your passwords and secret questions (ie like for ebay).Re-load your printer drive, MS office, internet software, etc. That should do it. You can block individual emails or mark them as spam. Keep a separate email account for spam to go to and one email account for friends and family. Use the spam email account (hotmail or yahoo) for things that might attract spam (websites).

No comments:

Post a Comment