Sunday, August 23, 2009

Will Yahoo's firewall staff send me an email attachment to deal with supposed virus infection o

got a mail from someone claiming to be the security firewall staff at yahoo saying my computer had been detected as infected and was emailing things to my address book without my knowing. Oddly, it appeared in both my junk and my email folders, which it seems it shouldn't have if it was really from Yahoo. Also, it had *gasp* an attachment they wanted me to download, rather than the link to pay for a virus scan program. Is this legit or what? I don't think I ran it through my antivirus program, so should I? I have already looked for info on such things, but I can't find anything on Yahoo! or elsewhere. Help?



Will Yahoo's firewall staff send me an email attachment to deal with supposed virus infection on my computer??network security



No, it's not legitimate; they wouldn't send you an attachment to run. The attachment itself is the virus.



Just delete it.



Will Yahoo's firewall staff send me an email attachment to deal with supposed virus infection on my computer??norton internet security



Delete and purge anything you feel suspicious of, particularly attachments you weren't expecting.



Hit "delete" now and save yourself a lot of money from needing to wipe your Hard Drive and start again!

No comments:

Post a Comment