Wednesday, August 19, 2009

AOL Safety and Security System interfereing with McAfee?

I used to have McAfee which came with my computer when I got it. But after it expired I removed it (it was pretty useless) and installed AOL Safety and Security Center since I wanted something there to scan my computer for viruses. Everything was fine, but now everytime AOL goes to scan, a message pops up from my computer saying that "McAfee ActiveShield found a suspect file on your computer"? But I thought I uninstalled McAfee! Also my status is "fair" with the AOL S%26S Center and not "excellent" because apparently it wants me to uninstall my Microsoft Firewall so that AOL can install its own. Should I do that? Which works better? Sorry for this being so long, but help!



AOL Safety and Security System interfereing with McAfee?avast



well if you want to be safe. i wouldn't trust AOL. I'd unistall both, making sure they are fully unistalled. that download avast for viruses, spybot S%26D for spyware, Adaware for adware, and the other vast majority of great free programs but do research, it really does help.



AOL Safety and Security System interfereing with McAfee?ducati



You can only run one antivirus program at a time on a computer. I will not go into detail about my disdain for AOL. I will say that if you have AOL software on your computer it will be nearly impossible to get rid of it without special uninstalling software. So if you choose to slow down your computer and fill it with (ahem $%%26($ aol) software, then remove McAfee.

No comments:

Post a Comment