Friday, August 21, 2009

How to monitor my security cameras on a LCD tv?

I can remotly view my security system for my business from home which obviously requires a computer. I am trying to set it up so I can just have a LCD tv setup to continuasly view the cameras. I guess I will have to get a small computer and add it to my network with only the security program running but isnt there a cheaper and easier way to do this.



How to monitor my security cameras on a LCD tv?windows



go to www.techcctv.com or give them a call they can help



How to monitor my security cameras on a LCD tv?antivirus download



You'll need 2 things:



1) A computer to act as the video "server". If you can get software to put your cameras on a web page, you can run a web server (Apache is free, and it's what most commercial web sites use), and connect to it from home via the internet, or you can remotely connect to that computer (via the internet) from home and effectively watch the screen on the office computer.



2) A multiplexer or switch so that you can stream more than 1 camera at a time. A multiplexer gives you 4 or 6 (or 8 or ...) cameras on one screen, a switch switches between cameras at a fixed interval, so you see them one at a time. It's a personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment