Friday, August 21, 2009

Did my husband download something to my laptop to spy on my computer activity?

Last night my husband downloaded ESET Smart Security and NOD32 v2.x FiX 1 .1 by TemDono (Free Updates - Expire in 2050). At least that's what it says in my listed of installed programs. OK, so I turned computer on for the first time today after he downloaded this security program %26 for the first time EVER my computer asked me is I wanted to "restrict" or "allow" others on my network to view my shared files etc. What is that about? I don't have anything to hide, but my husband would have a fit if I was snooping around his laptop so I expect him not to snoop around mine...remotely or otherwise. Can anybody tell my why this message would come up? I don't remember what program it was apart of. If there is something I can do to find out what this message was please let me know. Thanks



Did my husband download something to my laptop to spy on my computer activity?software



ESET Smart Security is a firewall program, it protects your computer from attacks from the network (I believe this is what asked you to "restrict" or "allow" others to view your shared files)



NOD32 is an antivirus program that protects you from viruses, trojans, and worms.



So no, from what you described your husband did not install spy software, he installed software to protect your computer.



Did my husband download something to my laptop to spy on my computer activity?vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment