Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where can I find a usb security token (aka: parental control device) that allows me to limit logon t

What I need is a password protected usb security token, with a built-in/programmable timer. Device would have to be inserted for computer to operate. However after specified logon time has been used up, computer locks up. Remove device and computer locks up. Re-insert device to resume. Token will be used for multiple computers. Will need to program varying logon times depending on day of week (e.g. 45 minutes per weekday; 2 hours Friday evening; 2 hours anytime on Saturday and Sunday). Either a plug-n-play device, or software that will allow me to program a standard usb flash drive to do the same thing. I've seen a lot of software programs that will limit computer time, but none that will allow me to program a standard usb flash drive into a "computer key" with a specified number of minutes that can be used. I really need the usb security token so that my children can "spend" their alloted computer time on any of the multiple household computers.



Where can I find a usb security token (aka: parental control device) that allows me to limit logon time?norton antivirus



They actually had those things when I was a kid and crikey, did they work well. They were called a "kick in the backside". Seriously though, surely there's a better way. could you network the computers and just pull the plugs out of the HUB when time's up? You may even be able to get a program like the Internet cafe's use to control usage, either by switching off or recording usage with bonus points for those who stay within the limits. I always think that rewarding people for good deeds is better than depriving them. But that's my way of thinking after being kicked in the butt so often when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment