Sunday, August 23, 2009

How do I block a website on my computer?

I'm trying to block a website from being accessed on my computer. I've tried going to "tools" then "security" and adding the site to the "restricted sites" but I can still access it when I go to type it in...please help me!!!



How do I block a website on my computer?free adware remover



You can easily and effectivily block access to a website by adding it to your Windows HOSTS file. (Yes, Hosts is capitalised for some strange reason).



1.Go to your HOSTS file which is located at:



C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC for windows Vista and XP



C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC for Windows 2k



C:\WINDOWS for Windows 98 and ME



2. Open HOSTS with Notepad.



The default Windows HOSTS looks like this:



______________________



# Copyright 漏 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.



#



# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.



#



# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each



# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should



# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.



# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one



# space.



#



# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

No comments:

Post a Comment