Sunday, August 23, 2009

A question about my computer freezing up!?

My computer keeps freezing up just about every time I use it recently!



I will be just looking at the news or whatever, and then it freezes and my mouse is like stuck, and it makes this "BEEP" noise and then won't do anything, so then I got to shut down my whole computer!



I have tryed freeing up the space on my desktop, and now have only 6 items on my desktop, I have looked for viruses and it say's there is none, and tryed to do the "defragmenting" thing, and I just don't know what else to do, as I am not very computer savy at all!



I have now the McAfee security center, and the Spyware Docter, so does any body have any suggestion?



THANKS!!!!



A question about my computer freezing up!?norton antivirus 2007



You could have a hardware problem. Check your fan on your processor inside your computer to see if it has quit or become to dirty to cool well. If so blow it out with a can of air from a computer store.



Other than that check your power supply fan to make sure it is working. Feel on back of your computer where you plug your cord up to feel for air moving out or into your computer.



Make sure you have cleaned all your cookies and history and website urls and run a spyware program . Make sure your spyware program has been updated. Let it run a deep clean on your computer.



It can be a bad stick of memory also.

No comments:

Post a Comment